our-twisted-dream said: Hey! I'm starting college in 13 days. Any advice? To do' not to do's as a freshman?
yes sweetie pie here i’m going to post this publicly so more people can see it-
1. Don’t trust ANY BITCH right off the bat at school- you’re going to find amazing friends but odds are your first friends wont necessarily be your best friends at school. Obviously work hard to become friends with everyone, but don’t let your guard down tooo much right away (don’t believe that everyone you become friends with is going to care as much about you, as you do about them).
2. Don’t get caught up in any sort of spending wars against your friends/classmates— no one cares how much your dad/mom makes, or how willing you are to spend your own money… you’ll just end up broke.
3. Get rid of a lot of your current clothing, and buy a whole new wardrobe for yourself. You FINALLY get to be the person you want to be, and now’s your chance to show it through what you wear/your hairstyle/your behavior. It felt so good for me to sell all my high school clothing, and buy more school clothing (everyone here wears ALL BLACK ALL THE TIME) so it’s cool to feel like I fit in with the urban lifestyle a little more, like I’ve always wanted to.
4. Be stupid as fuck, but responsible as well. You shouldn’t let yourself get TOO TOO crazy right away, because you aren’t around people that you cant REALLY trust. Wait a bit before you get wild— I’d say November/December is the time you’ll start to realize who your real friends are, which will allow you to try more things. Never EVER put yourself in a situation that could cause you physical or emotional harm, however. The people you’re around aren’t doctors— they’re drunk college kids and DONT know what theyre doing 90% of the time.
5. Have fun, try new things, and realize that college goes by so fucking fast. I’ve already started freaking out about graduating this year. Always be willing to do something with your friend, help people out who need to be helped, stand up for yourself, and enjoy 4 amazing years.
☺I follow back similar☺
Page 1 of 641